Skip to content
- You can run OOM on a Mac if you have a Windows Emulator. A variety of emulators are available, including Parallels Desktop and VMWare Fusion. Here’s a list of six emulators, some are free while others cost money.
- We have used the freely available Winebottler emulator in the past with great success. A former graduate student at OSU created a brief video showing how OOM can be installed and run on a Mac using Winebottler.
- One common question is, “where did the OOM files get saved to on my drive?” When you install OOM, the oom.exe file will be copied onto your hard drive or into a “virtual windows” space. Search for the oom.exe file to see where it has installed. Numerous .oom data files also install with the program under a separate folder. That folder should be in the same folder as the oom.exe file. A folder containing the manual in Word and Adobe Acrobat format should also be in the main folder. You can search for the particular file: OOM_TechManual_V2R2.docx or .pdf.
- Some Mac computers can be booted into PC mode. If your Mac has this capability, OOM can be run under PC mode.
- Finally, don’t forget to search for information or tutorial videos on this topic. For instance, typing “windows programs mac” in the search line on Youtube yields dozens of tutorial videos on emulation software. Typing “windows programs mac winebottler” restricts the search to Winebottler specifically.